- Age / Gender:
- 21, Male
- All Stats >
Busy college kid animator striving to be better... @digsbot
- Community Stats
Level 5 Animator
Ranked as Scout
Contact Info / Websites
(*bleh, this was a FP post but it didn't shows :< Aw, well)
'Ello there Newgrounds.
I love the updates!! The video embedding is really nice and the rich text editor! Kudos to Tom and the staff! I just wanted to give a low down on things I guess.
Lots o things have happened ever since school started in August. I've really been buried in a lot of animation/marketing projects while balancing the school life. Pretty pumped for myself cause I've been maintaining and boosting my grades pretty well....at the cost of very minimal sleep. I've made it a goal of mine to graduate college with magna cum laude honors.
- Haha-Yo's "Taste So Good" Music Video- I mentioned this before, but I am working on a music video for a group called Haha-Yo. They are starting to get really popular and they reached out to me to create an animated music video for them. I am really excited and nervous about the project because they have given me almost full responsibility and creative control. I have been, I guess, "training" myself doing very short loops, fake animated bumps, illustrating in Photoshop, constantly listening to music, mile runs, and watching a ton of Steven Universe to get my creative muscles stronger. I will say doing short 15-30 minute animation practice loops, listening to music, drawing a days, and studying whatever are your "favorite" cartoons really do help to get you leveled up. All you need is the drive to constantly get better!
- Untitled App- I've been asked by help create some animated commercials and informative videos for an app that will be used at my university and small businesses around the university really soon. I can't give the name of it and what it does, but I'm very excitied cause I've been invitied on the team to be the creative designer and digital marketer...so yee..
- Squared Apparel - I know I mentioned this before, but I am also helping out creating a short animated music ad for a clothing/design company and doing a bit of digital marketing for them.
- Newgrounds Audio Project - So, I'm working on a thing with the goal of shedding more light on the Newgrounds Audio Portal. I've done a bit of talking with Tom. If anyone knows me, I'm all about music and there are so many great musicians on this site which definitely deserve some recognition. I don't want to give a lot a way, but reaaaaally soon you guys will see it and hopefully it can be something that can be continued by other members on NG.
- Boundless - So I made a Halloween cartoon which I made in exactly three weeks. I teamed up with my audio guru and good friend SteamPianist. He constantly makes amazing music and an artist that is uncanny. He's like a brother to me, definitely check out his stuff! This cartoon was more or less of a test for me before really tackling the music video for Haha-Yo. It's the first cartoon I made with my Cintiq and I was playing a lot with colors, backgrounds, and seeing how fast I could make a short cartoon while having a typical school schedule. Boundless received a lot of kind words and it really means a lot to a dumb kid like me haha. Thanks a lot for that!
- Pegassus - I got to help out with El-Cid's cartoon called Pegassus. It was my first time working on a cartoon doing inbetween work and coloring. It was awesome working along side El-Cid, Ethan Always. and two other dudes which I'm not really sure at the moment if they are on NG. Definitely check out that cartoon!!
- Sonic Paradox Animation Project- Not sure if I can really talk about this yet...but I'm creating an animation that should be released on here within a month or so.
- Through Time and Shape - I am hoping to finish a short animation film that I plan to submit to a local film festival next summer. It's got a bunch of coolio NG friends of mine, (Gust, RicePirate, Apatheria, Ockeroid, Sabtastic) on it offering their awesome skills. I'll defintiely let ya know if it hopefully gets accepted to the festival.
- I've partnered up with Channel Frederator Network over on YouTube, but that doesn't mean I'm leaving Newgrounds. Without Newgrounds, I definitely wouldn't be able to have the opportunities and privileges I have now. I am very excited about the Network, but I will still be uploading cartoons here for suures.
- I have to find an internship for my major( which isn't animation or graphic design, but more of health finance-ish,IT, & marketing) and it hasn't been too great. It's a bit difficult and getting rejected isn't always the best of feelings, but I'm still determined to secure find one.
Yeeaup...sorry it's a lengthy read, but yeah that's basically what I'm up too. I was planning before all of this to release sequels to A Thief's Tale and Slush Delivery but I gotta tackle all of these other stuffs.
Anyways, how are you guys doiiin'?
Recent Game Medals
Total Medals Earned: 42 (From 7 different games.)